About Me, Hire Me, and more...
Welcome, and thank you for visiting aaronmphotography.com!
Aaron Meyers is a landscape and wedding photographer living in Silicon Valley, CA. Though trained as an electrical engineer at the University of Michigan, Aaron is never happier than when in possession of a good camera and a great view. His love of the outdoors makes for frequent forays into the Californian wilds, where he delights in the stunning vistas of Yosemite National Park, Lake Tahoe, Big Sur, and the Pacific Coast - but it was in Vancouver, British Columbia that (with the help of a pod of orcas and his dad's old Canon AE-1) he first learned to combine his love of nature with a talent for snapping pictures ... He's been hooked ever since.
Though it was the enticing beauty of the natural world that first drew Aaron into photography, he has come to appreciate some of life's other treasures as well, and has since widened his aperture to include a passion for photographing events and weddings. No longer content to merely capture the beauty of a breaking wave or piercing sky, he strives also to capture the moment when lives are joined and joys bestowed; moments that can be cherished and remembered in their fullest and most perfect light. As a photographer of reunions, wedding rehearsals, ceremonies, and receptions, Aaron has earned the high esteem of his clients and is always eager for his next assignment.
Thanks again for visiting the site! Aaron hopes you enjoy his photos and encourages you to visit again soon to catch the shots from his latest travels. If you see a photo you particularly love, please know that all photos posted on this site are available for sale. Also, Aaron always takes many more pictures than are actually posted here, so if you're looking for something in particular please feel free to ask. You can also find him on Facebook, and Flickr.
If you are interested in hiring Aaron, please click "Contact" on the left.
Awards and Recognition
- 1st Place, Popular Photographer Magazine, "Your Best Shot", October 2013, "Fizzle Sizzle"
- 1st Place, Popular Science, 2015 Transitions Photo Contest, "Perfect Storm"
- Finalist, Popular Photographer Magazine, December, "Your Best Shot", "Dance with Me"
- Finalist, Photographer's FORUM Magazine, Best of Photography 2012, "Generational"
- Second Place, 2012 Palo Alto Weekly Photo Contest, "Silver Haired Ancestor", Bay Area Images
- Second Place, 2011 Palo Alto Weekly Photo Contest, "Hungry Bee", Bay Area Images
- Showcase Photo, Bonsai Milk, Landscape Photography Magazine
- Editors' Choice, Stormy Night at Horseshoe Bend, 500px.com
- Photo of the Week (April 9-16, 2012) & Photo of the Day (April 13, 2012), "Spotlight", MyParkPhotos.com
EquipmentAaron uses Nikon cameras and professional lenses.
- Nikon D800 dSLR
- Nikon D700 dSLR
- Nikon D300s dSLR
- Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8 ED-IF AF-S
- Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G ED AF-S
- Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 IF ED UMC
- Bower 24mm f/1.4 IF ED UMC
- Sigma 105mm Macro f/2.8 EX DG
- Nikon 50mm f/1.8D AF
- Nikon SB800 w/Gary Fong Lsphere Universal Clear - diffuser